Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Secret Life of the American Teenager

I spent a good amount of time today organizing and sorting through Hudson's clothes. I just finished the last of it and as I was standing in his room folding all the clothes that I'm going to take to Life Services this week, I just had to pray that God would somehow use these small used clothes to bless some young mothers. I don't say all that to brag that I'm doing a good deed or show off, because in all reality it's nothing. It's the least I can do with what all I've been given. But I say it because I really feel it on my heart that these girls need to know they are loved and cared for, and even though they are probably going through and rough and scary time God has big plans for them. That's what I got to teach the two year olds at church tonight. My best friend (who I miss) and I love to watch the saga of the show, "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" but in all reality, that life is much harder than Hollywood makes it out to be. Not that I would know because I never experienced it, but now as a mother I can only imagine what it could be like. Anyway, God has a plan for them, he created them for a reason. Just as He created David, not to watch sheep all his life, but to do something much greater. And this pregnancy may be their "Goliath" in life, but I hope that they know that God will give them the strength they need to handle it and that He has much greater things in store for them than what they can know right now. I'm not trying to be "preachy" it's just been on my mind and I like to get these things down on paper (or blogs) :). I'm praying that somehow I can do something for these girls, more than just giving them old clothes. It's really just been on my heart tonight. Praying that God shows me my purpose too.
And a serious picture for a serious post. ha
Love this sweet sleeping boy, which means I should be sleeping too! We have a busy day tomorrow!

No comments: