Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
One of my students favorite things to say is this: "Next month is October and that's Halloween." I must hear this said at least once or twice everyday since the beginning of September. And now that it's actually almost October I'm sure I will hear it even more! So thanks to my sweet students I decided I would show you this! If Hudson was going to be here before Halloween he would be sporting this adorable costume from Old Navy. I have never been a huge fan of this holiday (I think it just makes me think of the scary costumes like ghosts and witches and all of that which I don't like) but these baby costumes are absolutely the most precious things! So I hope that all of you moms of little ones take the opportunity to dress them up really cute!
Friday, September 25, 2009
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. water
1 box Stove Top stuffing (any flavor upi want, I use Cornbread)
Brown pork chops. Place in 13"x9" baking pan. Make stuffing as indicated on box. Place a mound of stuffing on top of each pork chop. Mix cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 cup water and pour evenly over each pork chop. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until pork chops are cooked (depends on thickness of chops).
These are delicious! The pork chops are tender and the stuffing and mushroom soup add great flavor! We usually eat them with mashed potatoes and rolls and it makes a great fall meal. Enjoy!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
This is what the crib looks like all put together! His name letters have to be painted and they will hang higher on the wall, but I wanted to see how they would look above his crib! I'm getting more and more excited as we keep making progress! I can't wait to meet this little guy and bring him home to his cute room (once it's finished of course)!
It's supposed to be Recipe Thursday, but this post is extremely long! Maybe you will see recipe Friday?!
P.S. For any mom's out there The Bump is hosting a mommy blogging contest! You could win $1000 or a $100 Pottery Barn Kids gift card! I'm not big on entering contests and trying to promote myself but who couldn't use a little extra baby spending money? Visit the badge on the right side of my blog for more info!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
- Football! I love going to Cowboy football games, watching Ryan march, or taking Sunday afternoon naps while the football games are on TV.
- Sweaters and warm clothes-I love snuggling up in lots of layers and cute sweaters to stay warm with the cool wind.
- Thanksgiving-it's one of the best holidays and I love it! The food, family, fellowship! It's wonderful!
- The colors:- love the colors of the leaves that fall off the trees. This picture is really old, but I just love the colors in the backgroud so I thought it would be a great visual!
- The decoration- the pumpkins, the leaves and anything fall colors! I love it!
So here is to another great fall! I hope you enjoy this beautiful season, it's definitely my favorite!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
- Church today was one of the best services I have ever been to. For me it started in worship when the worship leader read these verses:
14 “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16
- Every song we sang today seemed to contain these words and kept jumping out at me. We have been talking a lot about this in Lifegroup and for me I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go about letting my light shine. What is it that I am going to do for the kingdom of God so that other's see my light? Yes, I do my best to show it everyday by the way I live but there is something more out there than that. It's also about what I do to reach others for Him. And right now I need to figure out how I am going to do that. There is a song I hear played on the radio several times a week and one of the lines says "lead me to your heart" and everytime I have been hearing it for the last several weeks I have really been thinking God that's my plea to you. Show me your heart, what it is you have in store for me. I want to know the heart of Jesus and share it, but how?
- Sort of changing subjects but another thing that has been on my mind and of course my heart is how much I respect and appreciate all that my husband does. Sometimes I like to be selfish and wish I could have more of him to myself, but then I realize that what he does isn't just for himself and for our family but a lot for others and he doesn't get enough credit. He was nominated for Regional Employee of the Month and he totally deserves it. Thank you Leslie for writing a sweet paragraph about him, I think it made him feel good and he needed it. She talked about how he works at his job 35 hours a week, is a full-time student, a member of the Cowboy Marching band, and has a baby on the way yet he is completely devoted to the success and well being of the customers and the employees. He offers his valuable time and resources to do his best and go out of his way to help the store and others do their best. He pretty much is amazing and I don't think he ever gets enough credit. I love and adore him!
- I'm thankful for our sweet friends who always look out for us. I don't know what I would do without them. God knew what kind of people I needed surrounding me as we went through a huge change in our life. He truely knows best. I'm thankful for their friendship, fellowship, and laughter.
- The bigger my belly gets the more and more I think about this little guy inside of me. I know I said this the other day, but I am truely blown away by how much I love and care for this little guy that I haven't even met yet. Everyday brings new conversations, worries, and thoughts about his little life. I'm excited to see what the future holds for him. I can't wait to experience a lot of "firsts" with him and show him how to grow up to be a man of God. I truely love him and want what's best for him and pray for that each day. I'm so anticipating January and all of the goodness God's gift of life is going to bring.
I hope everyone has a blessed and productive week! I know I have a busy one ahead of me and will be traveling! Praying that you have a peaceful week in Christ and let your light shine for him!
Friday, September 18, 2009
1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a bowl, mix 3 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, egg, and basil. Stuff uncooked manicotti with the mixture.
Spread about 2 cups pasta sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed manicotti in the dish, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake about 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, and continue baking 10 minutes, until mozzarella is melted and bubbly.
We are trying this recipe tonight. I haven't tried this specific one before but it sounds delicous!
This makes about 16 shells so we are freezing some and saving them for later! Getting a few meals out of one makes it worth it! But if you want to freeze them make sure you cook the manacotti first and then stuff them!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Saturday, September 12, 2009
If Marley and Rylee were goats this would be them. They were the only ones making a lot of noise and trying to get out of their cage. Everyone else sat in their cages so nicely!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
4 pork chops
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon garlic
The recipe calls for the pork chops to marinade overnight but I was not prepared enough in advance for that! I let them marinade in the refrigerator just before cooking them and they were still delicious.
Pregnancy: a few random thoughts and events that I thought I would share.
1.Ryan has gotten to feel Hudson kick. We were laying down and he had his hand on my belly. Once he felt it he pulled away quickly and said "that was weird" But ever since he has been able to feel him kick a lot and occasionally presses into my belly to see if Hudson will kick back.
2. Why do maternity clothes cost so much? We visited a few stores on Saturday and I was kind of baffled when the shirts were on sale for $19.99. If you know me then you know that I pretty much don't buy clothes unless they are on sale or on clearance. So when I wanted a plain, simple t-shirt and it costs that much I was not too happy! I mean I am only going to wear the clothes for 4 months maybe so why should I pay that much? I have been perfectly happy buying clearance clothes for this season of my life and I will stick to it! If you were wondering...no I didn't purchase the $19.99 shirt I went down the mall to one of my favorite stores and found almost the same shirt for $6.
3. I think I get asked several times a day from kids at school if I'm having a baby. It's so cute, but it's hilarious because my kids announce to everyone that passes by "My teacher is having a baby" as if it was completely obvious :)
Ok enough rambling for tonight. Chili is on the stove and tonight I plan to do nothing but relax with my hubs! I love him!
Ok, enough rambling
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
So in a nutshell that was our big weekend! Nice and relaxing but very productive! I'm extremely ready for fall and hopes it comes to visit us soon! Cool winds, colorful leaves, and warm sweaters please make your way to Oklahoma! It's time for a nice break from the heat!
Friday, September 4, 2009
This is what was wrapped inside, the softest and most precious little blanket. I hope you can tell how soft it is by the picture. I want to wrap myself up in it but unfortunately it's not my size. Hudson will definitely enjoy staying warm under this wonderful blanket in January!
Again, thank you Steve you did a great job!
I'm so thankful for the amazing supportive people in my life! They have made this new journey so much sweeter and easier for us. So thank you to everyone for your generosity and your kind words. God has truely blessed us!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Anyway...everyday is the real life version of this in my classroom each day!
So here is a list of a few of my favorites so far:
1."Mrs. Hatch, I was just wondering why Elvis Presley went to Heaven?" (pause) "Did he just get too old or something?"
2. "You guys know I am a vampire right?"
3. "I can see your belly growing right now."
4. This one is my favorite-a first grader decided that he needed to tell me how a baby grows inside my belly. Here is the paraphrased version: