Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bad Days and Good Books

I won't pretend to be perfect. Because I am not. And this is not what this blog is about. It's about journaling. I like to write. I want to remember what is going on in life right now. Experiences, feelings, and life in general.
So I will be honest and say that some days are bad. Bad in the sense that things don't go how I think they should. I really don't have it bad and I shouldn't complain, but everyone has bad days sometimes and that's ok. It makes us who we are. We are not perfect.
Today was that kind of day. The day when my kids were bouncing off the walls and things (not just 6 year olds) weren't what I wanted them to be (and still aren't). But I came home to a sleeping baby and a good book. And in the grand scheme of things, what is hurting me, challenging me or eating at my heart won't really matter in 10 years. And most importantly it won't matter when I get to heaven. What will matter is the way I chose to live in spite of all of the things that happen in the world arond me. My family matters, my Jesus matters, and that's all I should worry about. I just needed to take some time to get things off my mind and remember that Jesus is bigger than anything I have to deal with daily. If I can't handle it, He will.
Change of subject:
I've been in the process of reading about 4 books at a time for the past few months. I'm not sure why I waited until I was having a baby to decide I should read all these books, but some of them have just recently come out and so I thought I would share them in case anyone needs a good book to read. I hope this doesn't sound like an advertisement, I just wanted to share.
The Lifechurch.tv pastor wrote this book. It's about saying your a Christian and not living like one. It's one thing to believe in Jesus, it's another to live like you believe.
Lord, help me live for you!
If you think Heaven sounds awesome from what you've read in the bible, you should read the description of heaven in this book! Wow! That's all I can say!
Got to love a good romance right?! Well I'm only on Chapter 3, but eventually I will get through it!
I downloaded this as an ebook yesterday. It's free at Barnes and Noble right now. I started reading her blog just after I found out I was pregnant last year and just bawled reading her story. It's an amazing story about how God can use an unborn baby to change lives. He is incredible like that.

I better get reading, but not without first sharing a picture of what my cute boy has been up to today!
Yes, he came to visit his mommy! The kids were having "quiet time" and watching Toy Story. So he laid on the floor with them. Eventually, he had the majority of the class circled around him, all saying his name and watching him smile. Forget Toy Story, we have Hudson! They were so cute and sweet with him. I always tell them, "You can look, but you can't touch." So they just say his name over and over and watch him smile and say, "Aww, he's so cute." It was a good change to this rainy, cloudy week.

I hope everyone has enjoyed a good book this week.
Tomorrow is Friday!!

No comments: