Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kids Say the Darnest Things

Did you ever watch that show? I think Bill Cosby hosted it! It was so cute and hilarious!
Anyway...everyday is the real life version of this in my classroom each day!
So here is a list of a few of my favorites so far:

1."Mrs. Hatch, I was just wondering why Elvis Presley went to Heaven?" (pause) "Did he just get too old or something?"

2. "You guys know I am a vampire right?"

3. "I can see your belly growing right now."

4. This one is my favorite-a first grader decided that he needed to tell me how a baby grows inside my belly. Here is the paraphrased version:
First it's an egg. Then it grows a wire (ha- I think this was my favorite part). Then it drinks milk from the wire and it turns into a baby. Then it grows and that's how your belly gets bigger.
Fortunately that was where the conversation stopped!
What will come next?...

No comments: