Sunday, September 20, 2009

On My Heart

Today I have been thinking, pondering, and appreciating a lot of things in life. I thought I would just be really honest and share them with the world, because some of them I need to be held accountable to. So here goes....
  • Church today was one of the best services I have ever been to. For me it started in worship when the worship leader read these verses:

14 “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

  • Every song we sang today seemed to contain these words and kept jumping out at me. We have been talking a lot about this in Lifegroup and for me I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go about letting my light shine. What is it that I am going to do for the kingdom of God so that other's see my light? Yes, I do my best to show it everyday by the way I live but there is something more out there than that. It's also about what I do to reach others for Him. And right now I need to figure out how I am going to do that. There is a song I hear played on the radio several times a week and one of the lines says "lead me to your heart" and everytime I have been hearing it for the last several weeks I have really been thinking God that's my plea to you. Show me your heart, what it is you have in store for me. I want to know the heart of Jesus and share it, but how?
  • Sort of changing subjects but another thing that has been on my mind and of course my heart is how much I respect and appreciate all that my husband does. Sometimes I like to be selfish and wish I could have more of him to myself, but then I realize that what he does isn't just for himself and for our family but a lot for others and he doesn't get enough credit. He was nominated for Regional Employee of the Month and he totally deserves it. Thank you Leslie for writing a sweet paragraph about him, I think it made him feel good and he needed it. She talked about how he works at his job 35 hours a week, is a full-time student, a member of the Cowboy Marching band, and has a baby on the way yet he is completely devoted to the success and well being of the customers and the employees. He offers his valuable time and resources to do his best and go out of his way to help the store and others do their best. He pretty much is amazing and I don't think he ever gets enough credit. I love and adore him!
  • I'm thankful for our sweet friends who always look out for us. I don't know what I would do without them. God knew what kind of people I needed surrounding me as we went through a huge change in our life. He truely knows best. I'm thankful for their friendship, fellowship, and laughter.
  • The bigger my belly gets the more and more I think about this little guy inside of me. I know I said this the other day, but I am truely blown away by how much I love and care for this little guy that I haven't even met yet. Everyday brings new conversations, worries, and thoughts about his little life. I'm excited to see what the future holds for him. I can't wait to experience a lot of "firsts" with him and show him how to grow up to be a man of God. I truely love him and want what's best for him and pray for that each day. I'm so anticipating January and all of the goodness God's gift of life is going to bring.

I hope everyone has a blessed and productive week! I know I have a busy one ahead of me and will be traveling! Praying that you have a peaceful week in Christ and let your light shine for him!

No comments: