Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pork Chops & Pregnancy

Last Friday night I tried a new pork chop recipe and it was delicious so I thought I would share...

4 pork chops
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon garlic
The recipe calls for the pork chops to marinade overnight but I was not prepared enough in advance for that! I let them marinade in the refrigerator just before cooking them and they were still delicious.

Pregnancy: a few random thoughts and events that I thought I would share.
1.Ryan has gotten to feel Hudson kick. We were laying down and he had his hand on my belly. Once he felt it he pulled away quickly and said "that was weird" But ever since he has been able to feel him kick a lot and occasionally presses into my belly to see if Hudson will kick back.
2. Why do maternity clothes cost so much? We visited a few stores on Saturday and I was kind of baffled when the shirts were on sale for $19.99. If you know me then you know that I pretty much don't buy clothes unless they are on sale or on clearance. So when I wanted a plain, simple t-shirt and it costs that much I was not too happy! I mean I am only going to wear the clothes for 4 months maybe so why should I pay that much? I have been perfectly happy buying clearance clothes for this season of my life and I will stick to it! If you were wondering...no I didn't purchase the $19.99 shirt I went down the mall to one of my favorite stores and found almost the same shirt for $6.
3. I think I get asked several times a day from kids at school if I'm having a baby. It's so cute, but it's hilarious because my kids announce to everyone that passes by "My teacher is having a baby" as if it was completely obvious :)

Ok enough rambling for tonight. Chili is on the stove and tonight I plan to do nothing but relax with my hubs! I love him!
Ok, enough rambling

No comments: