Sunday, March 28, 2010

A New Recipe and Tummy Time

On the way home from church this morning we decided to make Chicken Taco Salad for dinner. I've gotten this at Goldie's a few times and it was delicious! So I wanted to figure out how to make some kind of southwest dressing to top our salad with. I googled a few recipes and based off those came up with my own very simple recipe.

Chicken Taco Salad
Chicken-we seasoned this with fajita seasoning
Lettuce-we used a salad mix
Red Beans
Corn
Egg (Ryan really wanted to try this and it ended up ok)

Dressing-Kind of a Southwest Ranch (I don't usually do measurements, unless following a specific recipe)
A packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix (made according to the directions)
Ground Cumin
Taco Seasoning (I didn't use the whole packet)
Chili Powder

It turned out delicious and we ate it with a side of cheese quesadillas and chips and salsa too! YUM! This is one we will be making again! I also found THIS recipe for my favorite restaurant salad, so hopefully we will be making it soon. And hopefully it will taste like the real thing!
Tummy time was better today! We lasted a few minutes this time!
But he really likes to lay on it like this, because he can kick and kick and kick! And he can turn his head to see everything going on around him.
And the dogs like it because they can do this!
Happy Palm Sunday! This is the beginning of the most important time in the life of Jesus! And it's the reason that we live today! If you don't know the story read John 19-20. It will change your life!

No comments: