Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Next Year"

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


So, I posted this verse this morning because it's been on my heart the past 24 hours. Here is a little bit about why...
As a teacher, and Ryan as a college student, our "years" seem to revolve around a school calendar which means another "year" is coming to an end. But this time it's a little different. This school year won't just be another summer of working for Ryan and then classes again in the fall, it means graduation and looking for a "real job." We refer to it like that because his position does not offer many benefits and is not the position he wants to hold the rest of his life. My mom always says "Live to work or work to live." Anyway, so he is in a season of searching, wondering what it is he is supposed to do with the great life God has given him. He is the hardest working person I have ever met, he's just trying to figure out where that drive is going to take him. Ok anyway back to my story, so as the end of his college journey comes to a close we find ourselves searching for purpose. With the education budget as tight as it is, nothing is guaranteed for me either. A lot of teaching jobs are being cut and class sizes increased. Nothing is certain right now, but what is certain is that change seems to be coming. Monday I was reminded of that and is why I write this. What is it that God has next for our lives? What will "next year" be like for us? It obviously won't be the same as the years past of our marriage, but will be another new season of life. So, as I drove home from work yesterday and had thoughts racing through my head about all of the possibilities for "next year" I couldn't help but think about the promise from God posted above. He has promised that He has the perfect plan for us. It's all about faith and trusting that He will show it to you in perfect time. Have you ever read the story of Abraham and Sarah? It's the perfect example-God is rarely early but NEVER late.
God, here we are.
Listening. Waiting. Praying. Searching.
Wanting your good and perfect will.

No comments: