Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dedication

Last Sunday was an important day in the life of Hudson. We took him to his grandpa's church (our home church) to be dedicated. I only call it his grandpa's because he is the associate pastor; if we lived in Owasso that is where we would be attending.
 
Anyway, we presented him to the church and our family and promised to raise him for Christ's will.
We are committed to teaching him that God has the perfect plan for his life and that Jesus loved him so much he went to the cross. I can't wait until he can really understand that, I'm not sure if he ever will because I still can't fully comprehend it myself. But it's our priority that he is raised in a Godly and loving home; that is what we are called to.
We love him too much to give him anything less than that.
Dad prayed over him and I saw the tears in his eyes. It brought tears to my eyes to see how much he loves his grandson and to think about how much life God has placed in front of Hudson. He has the perfect plan for him and our family and I trust that Hudson will be able to experience all of God's greatness.
We were so blessed to be able to have both our families there for this important day in his life.
He will probably never know how much all of these great people love and adore him. He is lucky to have so many fans and we are lucky to have such a great son!
And great friends too! We are so glad to have friends who have little ones too! It nice to go through parenting together!
Afterward we celebrated and said thanks to our family by having a spaghetti lunch and just getting to spend time together. We really do appreciate everyone's love and support for our sweet little boy!
For you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,  I know that full well. Psalm 139: 13-14

No comments: