Saturday, March 6, 2010

Full Time Teacher and Mom

I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I'm just learning what it's like to be a full time teacher and mom. I think there are some family members and high school girls who are getting anxious to see new pictures of my H man so I definitely better put some up before I get myself into any more trouble...

Anyway this week started off busy preparing to go back to work and Thursday it was back to being a teacher. Things are going well. I didn't do too bad saying good-bye to my baby. I just had to say good-bye and leave before I made myself too upset. But luckily I work with a lot of sweet and thoughtful people who came to say "Welcome Back"and check on me. I'm so thankful for everyone who came and gave me a hug and asked how I was doing and brought sweet treats to cheer me up. Hudson even got to come visit his mommy at work and bring lunch, it made me smile and the kids were so intrigued by him. It really was a good day Thursday! Friday wasn't too bad either, Hudson had his first day at daycare and luckily Ryan took him. I think I would have been even more of a mess! Ryan called me when he left and he was sad too, but we both made it. Friday we had a good day at school also. Sweet Jami printed a picture of H and left it in my mailbox; and when I had a break it was a sweet surprise to find it. I only called to check on H once and when I went to pick him up, Laurie was so sweet to ask how I was doing. I'm seriously so thankful for everyone who is so thoughtful and cared so much to se how my first days at work went. Thanks for all of you who were thinking of me.
It if fun to be back with the kids again and see how much they have grown over the past 6 weeks. I'm working on getting things back in order, but my kids are responding well to me being back so that makes things easier. Also, I have this fun technology to work with now!
This one was hung in my classroom, but isn't working. It will be replaced next week then we can start doing lots of cool things with it! We had training earlier in the week and learned lots of cool ways to use the board so I'm excited to make fun games, lessons, and activities for my kids. I definitely think it will be such a valuable tool to have in my classroom. Did I mention that every teacher at my elementary got one? I'm excited to be able to create and share lessons with the other teachers. Anyway, Hudson had a big weekend last week so I will definitely be sharing those pictures soon! And this weekend we have some of our favorite friends in town! I've got so much to blog about, eventually I'll get caught up!
Have a great Saturday! We are headed to one of our favorite Mexican restuarants!

No comments: