Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day, Doctor's Visit, & Birthday Dinner

This momma is very thankful for a snow day! Hudson had a really rough birthday (and week) so I'm glad I can stay home and be with him. We went to his one year well baby and check up today and here are his measurements!

Weight: 20lbs. 11 1/4 oz. (19%)
Hieght: 30 in. (58%)
Head Circ.: 18 1/4 (83%)

He is kind of all over the charts, but you are growing and that's what is important!Everything else checked out well too, except for one little virus he has (explained below). I'm thankful for an overall healthy little guy even though he gets an occasional sickness.

I also wanted to share a few pictures from his birthday dinner:
Hudson woke up from his nap feeling terrible so he pretty much got held most of the night. He didn't want to do anything but be held and he especially didn't want to eat. Ryan and I made spaghetti & meatballs because it's one of Hudson's favorites and we had a lot of family over to celebrate. Needless to say, it was kind of a sad celebration since Hudson felt miserable.
He acted a little better near the end of the evening and even played on his own for about an hour. I hate that his first birthday wasn't as perfect for him as I had hoped it would be. We found out today that he has a yucky mouth virus and that's why he is acting so fussy. I knew his mouth was bothering him, but we really thought more teeth were coming. Thankfully we are taking care of it and he should feel better in time to party on Saturday!

No comments: