Monday, October 25, 2010

A Doctor's Visit

I think God has an interesting way of putting things back into perspective for us.
Today Hudson had a check up for his ear infection and everything looked great. He has gained almost a pound in 2 weeks. He now weighs 19lbs 12 3/4oz with clothes on! Such a big boy he is!
But we also walked away with news we didn't want to hear and this is when my first statement begins to make sense. Our doctor heard a very faint heart murmur in Hudson at his 9 month check up, but he was sick so she thought that could be the reason. She listened again today and still heard the same very faint murmur. She wants us to look into it more, because it's always important to know the severity of it. At this time I'm uncertain of when his cardiologist appointment will be, what they will find, if treatment is needed, etc. But what I am certain of is that I serve a God who ALWAYS provides. Whether that's through healing, resources, relationships, you name it. He has it in His perfect plan. That's not to say that God wants my Hudson to be sick, but it's times like this I really rely on Him and understand more of who He is.
Yes I am worried, but I know that no matter if it's big or small God will take care of it and I'm going to rely on him for answers.
I didn't post this to get sympathy comments or advice or anything kind of attention. (Prayers would be awesome, because I know God is also a listening God.) But this blog is my journal of Hudson's life and so I simply want to remember each day as it is. And today it is this and that's OK, because God is my rock.

Jesus, Lover of my soul,
Jesus, I will never let you go
You've taken me from the miry clay
You've set my feet upon the Rock, and now I know
I love you, I need you,
Though my world may fall, Ill never let you go
My Saviour, my closest friend,
I will worship you until the very end
JESUS, LOVER OF MY SOUL LYRICS - HILLSONG
Photobucket

1 comment:

Katie said...

Amber your faith is so inspiring! It is so amazing how your words reflect the blessing that Hudson is in your life. Hudson is equally as blessed to have you and Ryan as his parents, who trust God with every situation that comes your way. What a great example you both are setting for him and his faith even at this very young age!

We love all three of you! Can't wait to see you guys soon and we will keep you all in our prayers.