Wednesday, June 27, 2012

20 Weeks {It's a...}

How Far Along: 20 Weeks
Size of baby: the length of a banana
Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 11 lbs
Maternity Clothes: a few, but I am happy to say I can still wear several pairs of regular pants/shorts!
Gender: It's a BOY!
Movement: Feeling the baby move a lot. It’s always when I am laying down and about 15 minutes after I eat!
Sleep: I’m just not a good pregnancy sleeper. I change positions about a thousand times and am usually wide awake at some point in the middle of the night. I also have crazy dreams! I don't know why I keep forgetting to write about it, but I NEVER have dreams except during pregnancy. And WOW they are wild!
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.
Cravings: FOOD! I feel like a hungry hungry hippo! And I've just been so thirsty! I cannot drink enough!
Symptoms: Big ole bump and lots of crazy dreams. 
Best Moment this week: Well over the past 2 weeks we have found out that it was a boy and heard his heartbeat again today! I love that sound!

We were really excited to find out whether it was a boy or a girl! We had names picked for each and at our gender party let everyone guess! We decided to stick with another H name so picking a girl name was pretty easy (even though I'd be happy with any of the other choices on the board). However our choices for H boys names seemed more limited. I love Hudson's name a lot and Ryan did a great job picking it out. So finding another boy's name we liked just as much was a challenge! After some debate we decided on Hayden.  All of the middle name choices that we had are family names from either side of our family. We really like to pick fun/cute first names and then give them some history in the middle name. 
My grandmother's maiden name was Greer. I think it makes for a really cool name and it has some great history behind it. This was the family's tomato canning business (cool history right?)! 
Okay enough about names! We are overjoyed to be blessed with another sweet baby!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love the party and name! Congrats girl!!