Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sarah Palin and Best Friends

This weekend I spent my first night away from H man to go to the Women of Joy conference in Oklahoma City.
I met my best friend there and it was nice for it to be just us like our Stillwater days began. We got to catch up in many areas of life and we stayed up until the early hours of the morning giggling like little girls (sorry hotel neighbors). I truly am thankful for time away with friends. I think it helps you keep your sanity.
Sarah Palin spoke Friday night and she really is a great woman. I know a lot of people don't agree with her politics, but I think that she is a Godly woman and she is striving to carry that out through her work in the government. I respect her very much. Her life isn't easy, but she continues to stand her ground for Christ. 
We also got to hear Anita Renfroe speak. She is absolutely hilarious! She made a song about my favorite drink BIG OL' SWEET ICE TEA. Sorry I had to post it in all caps because it's just that great! We also heard Kay Arthur speak and she knows more about the bible than anyone I have ever heard. She is 77 years old and still going strong!
Hudson had a great time with his Aunt Erin and he did really good, but I was so excited to have him back. He is such a good boy and I'm thankful for that. I am also thankful for weekends to myself to spend time with friends, with the Lord, and be reminded that God created us to be women of joy. Only true joy comes from Him and when we are walking with Him we will experience it. I'm grateful that our God loves us that much.

No comments: