Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mickey Party: Decor

The Mickey party has come and gone and we had so much fun! I’m splitting it up into several posts so I can share all of the details (because I know you want to see ha!)

DSC_0261 (2)1

Let’s start with the invite! I found an invite idea on Pinterest and then created my own template and ran with it! The white circle pulls out with all of the information! A lot of work, but I’m really happy with the way they turned out!

DSC_0045

I made a wreath from things I already had mostly. I had the wreath form and the black yarn in my craft box, the yellow H (from a summer wreath I made) and then used the scrapbook paper and ribbon I had bought for other party décor. I had to buy the wooden star which I covered in scrapbook paper so in all this wreath cost me $.79?!

DSC_0048DSC_0046

On the entry table I put the “ears” (borrowed from a friend) and a cute little sign I made from a digital scrapbook download. I just wrote a little welcome note on it and printed the Mickey outline that says “We’ve got ears say cheers” One of Mickey’s favorite lines!

DSC_0248 (2)

Of course we needed a good birthday sign! I traced circles onto scrapbook paper, cut the larger circle with fun scissors, then printed and cut out a cute font. I added Mickey’s outline and a few ribbons to the back to hang it and a little extra ribbon for decoration.

DSC_0237 (2)

I’m serious when I say that I have the BEST friends! My sweet friend Katie called me to say she was on her way to Disney and she wanted to do something fun for H’s birthday. So voila! She decided to make a sign for the characters to take pictures with! They are each holding a sign that says “Happy Birthday Hudson.” Absolutely precious and it made for the best fireplace décor!

DSC_0241 (2)DSC_0240 (2)DSC_0239 (2)DSC_0242 (2)

I’m sorry, but I just had to share them all! They are so STINKIN’ cute! Add a few stuffed Disney characters and some matching balloons! It was so easy! I think spray painting the frames was the hardest part, but that’s another story…

DSC_0202 (2)

On one of the end tables I had a picture of Hudson with red and white M&M’s on this cute Mickey glove (found at Target).

Next post: Food and Cake! YUM!

No comments: