Sunday, January 1, 2012

Twenty Eleven

I can hardly believe that another year has gone by, but it is true! We are now finishing our first day of 2012. I wanted to write a short review of what our year has entailed. I won’t go into great detail since most of the highlights are posted in the archives, but here are the things I remember most.

  • Hudson turned ONE! We were not sure what all one would bring us, but this year it has meant walking, talking, and lots more talking! Ha, we have really enjoyed this year with Hudson. I might not be saying next year that next year depending on how terrible twos hit. (I’m kidding, we love and cherish him no matter what).
  • We sold our house in Stillwater! What a relief! We were so glad to be moving onto finding our next home. Now I kind of want it back, but that’s another post for another time!
  • We began house shopping, found a house that we really liked, and loved the price even better! We thought this house was the perfect fit for our financial and home needs. We were very excited to move into our own place again. But home buying wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. We had a tough time getting things settled and to add to it we had air conditioning problems during the summer of 100 degree heat! But we are over all of that now and still very much enjoying our new home. We are blessed with a great roof over our heads!
  • Speaking of weather we experienced some crazy weather this year-we had a snow storm that landed us 2 weeks of snowcation. We experienced summer heat over one hundred degrees which meant no outside time for the little guy who longed to soak up the sun. And we experienced our first earthquakes! All I can say is that I am thankful that Hudson slept through those!
  • My grandmother passed away which was somewhat nonexpectant. However, we experienced the joy of new life as we welcome new nieces to the world!
  • I continued in the same teaching position as I was last year and am so thankful for that. I really enjoy what I do and where I work. I wouldn’t say that this school year has been easy, but I am thankful for my job and the support of my colleagues. Ryan continues to work the night shift and although that has been a struggle he really enjoys what he does. The schedule is tough, but he knows it is temporary so he is working through it.

Most of all this year I am thankful that through every hardship, trial, victory, and triumph we have had the peace and comfort of our Lord and support of family and friends. I am so thankful for the big things that happen and all of the little things to that really aren’t mentioned above. Every vacation, day off, family event, time with friends, etc. are all cherished and we don’t want to take those for granted.

I don’t have any lofty goals for the next year. I just want to continually live for my Lord. And with that brings lots of desires in my heart-giving more, loving more, being better stewards with my time and resources, etc. But most of all I want to live out the verse below. Because if we dwell on it our actions will reflect it. And I want these boys below how much I love, adore and cherish them!Erin Robinson-43

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philippians 4:8 NIV)
Happy 2012! What are you hoping is in store for you?

No comments: