Friday, May 6, 2011

Teacher Appreciation

I don't talk about my students much on here. Mostly because it's hard to do both, school and family, on one blog. I've debated about making a teacher blog (they are SO popular right now!) to share all of the great things my kids do each day, but that would just be one more thing on my to do list! I'm having enough trouble these days keeping up with this one, so I think I'll hold out for a while.
Anyway, I said all of that to say this: It's Teacher Appreciation Week and I feel so blessed. I really don't need a week of being celebrated. Seeing my kids smile, getting their sweet hugs and notes, and watching them grow over 180 days of school is rewarding enough for me, but this week I've been so blessed by each one of them. They put together this huge basket for me to say thank you and it is so sweet! It has my name on embroidered on it and it's full of my favorites: chips and salsa, peanut m&m's, OSU things, Real Simple, gift cards to my favorite places, etc.
I told my students today that I was going to keep them forever and that they couldn't go to first grade. They thought that was hilarious. Apparently I am quite the jokester?! That's such a weird word.
Anyway, I'm not trying to toot my own horn (I'm nowhere near perfect) I'm just saying that I work with 25 incredible and unique students and 40 or so wonderful teachers and I feel so blessed. What could be better?!

No comments: