Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shrimp Tacos

 I've been working on this post for a while, but it's just now making it up! I wanted to try something new so I made shrimp tacos on Sunday evening. After looking over a few recipes online, here is what I did. I hope you can use this delicious recipe! We really enjoyed it!
Ingredients:
Shrimp
Tortillas
Black Beans
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Cilantro
Garlic
Olive Oil
Cumin
Lemon juice
Lime juice

Sides:
Chips and Salsa
Spanish Rice

I coated the shrimp in olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and cumin. I let them rest in the mixture for a bit and then cooked them! While that was cooking I made a sour cream sauce by mixing fresh cilantro, cumin, lime juice and a dash of salt with the sour cream. I would like to add a little more to this sauce next time, maybe another spice, but I'm not sure what!
The best thing about this meal is that it really takes no time! I topped my taco with black beans, lettuce, cheese and sour cream sauce. Ryan enjoys rice, cheese and TONS of sour cream. Hudson mostly enjoyed the black beans with a small hint of tomato and shrimp. What are your favorite taco toppings?
ENJOY!

No comments: