Friday, March 18, 2011

14 Months Old

Today is Hudson's 14 month birthday!
Here are some of the things going on in your life:

You are an ACTIVE toddler! You have taken a few steps and are so closer to being a walker. I'm afraid I will never catch you once you are off. 
You are climbing everything right now! Your favorite thing is the stairs.

You love to sing into the microphone on your Vtech and keep us extremely entertained!

You love to play in the kitchen and with the dog bowls. You especially like the water bowl.

You still love love love the dogs. I'm not exaggerating. Marley is not very excited about you walking while holding onto her back...

Your favorite game is "Where's Hudson?" You use the blanket or your hands to play peek a boo.
Your favorite thing on TV (and the only thing you pay any attention to) is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I can't even explain what happens when you see it and how much you want to watch it. Your favorite part is the Hot Dog! song and that's what you call the show also. You now get the remote and tell us "hot dog." It's pretty ridiculous, but so cute at the same time.

You talk and talk and talk! You say mom, da da, ma ma (which we think is Mae Mae), hot dog, hot, dog, uh oh, papa (when you want to) and non (Jon). When you want something you say "na na na." This one is hard to figure out because it doesn't sound like want-not sure what word you associate that with, but it means your hungry. Or want a toy. Maybe it means now! ha! You still use baby sign language too. You sign more, up, finished, hat, and yes sir. I hope I didn't miss any....

You are still a good eater for the most part. You still love your carbs the most, but aren't too picky. The funniest thing you do right now is suck the juice out of the orange slices instead of eating them. You apparently like juice that way rather than in a cup. You are in love with milk and I'm afraid that breaking the bottle is going to be quite the job. We are slowly, but surely working on it.

You know have 12 teeth! You just recently got in your four canine teeth (all at the same time)! Your smile is so sweet and we get to see it a lot which makes this mommy very happy!

You're sleep schedule is still never consistent, but I am happy to say that you do sleep through the night a lot. You just never know when it will be. If you wake up it is around 3am. For the most part you go to bed around 9-9:30 and wake up no later than 8am. You take one two hour nap five days a week. The two days you are at the babysitter you refuse to keep to your sleep schedule. I guess it's just too much fun!

You are still wearing size 3 diapers and 12 month shirts. You have a serious problem with pants...6 months are too short and 12 months just swallow you.

You seem to be getting taller, but I haven't measured you to see your growth yet. Mommy will get right on that! I can't believe how big your look these days!

This past month you made your first trip to West Texas, met your buddy Brax, and took a vacation in Colorado. It sounds like a pretty good month to me!

Mommy and Daddy love watching you every day. You are so fun to be around! Aunt Erin made me buy "All the Things I Love About You" by LeUyen Pham recently and it perfectly describes our how I feel.
Side note: If you're a mom to a little boy you NEED this book!

There are oh so many things I love about you.
I love the way your hair looks in the morning.
I love how you look in pajamas. Although getting you out of them is another story.
I love how you eat.


And when I think I can't possibly love you any more,
the next moment I do.
There are so many things I love about you.
But mostly, I just love....
YOU.
Happy 14 months sweet boy!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

He is super cute Amber! I can't believe he's getting so big!