Monday, July 19, 2010

Hair Trim and Yummy Pasta Salad

Yesterday, in honor of his six month birthday, Hudson got his hair trimmed. Okay, maybe the timing was just coincidence. It was really just time. He had a few stray hairs on the top that were dangling on his forehead and the mullet in the back just needed a little fixing.
He did this most of the time. So we were trying to find things to keep his attention so he wasn't moving all over the place.
Hopefully he won't need another haircut for a while, but if he's anything like his dad it will be next week. Help us. We are going to be paying for a lot of haircuts in this child's life. I guess it's time I learn...
This picture is unrelated, but we have gotten to do some more swimming lately and he is splashing and playing alot more so I thought I would share a cute picture :) Isn't he cute with his crooked hat?!

Anyway, one of the best things about summer is grilling! We grilled bratwurst the other night and I made this pasta salad as a side. I've had it before and have been wanting to make it, so I googled the recipe and it was a success. Delicious! Enjoy!
Ingredients
1 (12 ounce) package uncooked tri-color rotini pasta
10 slices bacon
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons dry ranch salad dressing mix
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup milk, or as needed
1 large tomato, chopped
1 (4.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

Directions
1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in rotini pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2.Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until evenly brown. Drain and chop.
3.In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, and garlic pepper. Stir in milk until smooth. Place bacon, tomato, black olives and cheese in bowl and toss to coat with dressing. Cover and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Toss with additional milk if the salad seems a little dry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww He is so cute! I can't believe he's already 6 months old! And thank you for sharing the tri-color rotini recipe! I accidentally bought rotini the other day instead of elbow pasta and I've been looking for a recipe to use it in! :)

Amber said...

I'm glad you are going to use it! It's absolutely delicious and I will probably be making some more soon!