Sunday, July 11, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

We've had a great relaxing weekend here and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.
Friday we had to go to Stillwater, so on our way back we stopped at Click's for my birthday dinner!
Most of my family got to come which was fun! They hadn't gotten to experience the great Click's yet!
We ate way too much food! Ryan and I split this steak, but didn't even make a dent in it so we ended up passing it around the table for everyone else to enjoy too! That's 24oz in case you were wondering. YIKES!
And after dinner we had Chocolate Pie and Nestle Tollhouse Pie! We were so stuffed!
Saturday was awesome, just hung out most of the day and didn't do much. It was nice just to be home with no agenda.
My sweet mother-in-law brought me flowers and for dinner we made my favorite salad followed by banana splits. Talk about food overload for the weekend. I'm going to have to start walking further to get all of it worked off. And I still haven't had my birthday cheesecake yet! Yikes! I better get walking!

Anyway, more important than what I did or the presents I got, I'm just thankful for a birthday each year. It's a reminder that I'm so blessed to be healthy and have luxuries like clean water, good food and a comfortable place to live. Not everyone gets to experience that and I don't want to take it for granted.
Thank you to everyone who made my birthday special. I'm blessed to have wonderful friends and family who care so much.

No comments: