Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hat Parties & Family

The last week or so has been draining to say the least. My grandmother passed away so it's been a whirlwind of a week. We headed to Missouri this weekend for her services.
Our first stop was to meet up with family at Lambert's. It was Hudson's first visit and I think that he thoroughly enjoyed it. 
I am so thankful for time with family. It's so hard that it has to be under such sad circumstances, but it is so nice to spend time with extended family who we don't get to see often enough! 
My grandmother was notorious for keeping EVERYTHING! We were going through some things on Sunday evening while cooking dinner and came across enough hats for the family and plenty to share too. We decided to have a hat party in grandma's honor. I'm not sure how many different hats we each wore, but it was fun to try different styles. I think she would have laughed at us for our goofiness! This is my great aunt Dorothy, isn't she presh? I adore her!
It's so hard to find the right words to say to write about such a hard topic. To be honest I don't really have any words. But I am so thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends during a rough time. I am thankful for time with extended family and all of the love that was poured out to us through prayers, flowers, visits, etc. Thank you all for your love and I'm thanking the Lord for peace that only comes from above.
Grandma, you are loved and missed! 

No comments: