Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies

I have to share this recipe for the most heavenly pumpkin cookies I've ever experienced. They are soft and chewy, just my kind of cookie! And they have chocolate chips for an added surprise!
Here's what you need:
1/2 c. Unsalted butter (softened)
1 1/4c. Brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 c. Canned pure pumpkin
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 c. All-purpose flour
4 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Ground cloves
1/4 tsp. Ground ginger
Let's be honest for a minute, I don't actually have all of those ground spices in my collection so I like to use pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and nutmeg. But it's your choice!
And add as many chocolate chips as you would like :) I use about half a bag.

Here's what to do:
Cream margarine and brown sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Add pumpkin and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
Combine next 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Add to margarine mixture in two additions, mixing well after each.
Stir in chocolate chips. And throw a few in your mouth or put them in a small bowl for your 1 1/2 year old. I'm such a bad influence ;)
Anyway, drop onto cookie sheet about 2 in. apart. Bake in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes. In my oven 14 is the perfect number of minutes.
Enjoy! And share the fall goodness with your friends, they will love you for it! My kindergarten teachers did, well they love me for other reasons too (like apparently being the most tech savvy). What?! Enough rambling go bake some cookies!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




No comments: