Saturday, April 18, 2009

phil 2:3

I ran across this verse today and it was exactly what I needed...
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."
Ouch. This hit home for me today. This week has been jam packed with "stuff." Events.lunches.showers.tests.school.meetings.kids.etc that by the end of the day Friday I felt like crashing. Too much to do, worry about, say, think, etc. all with little focus on God. I was so worried about my own agenda, problems, and life that somehow this week I missed God. I've been so stressed with to-do lists, money, bills, plans, etc that I forgot to ask God what He wanted. I hate that I put myself first and didn't let God take care of it all. So tonight as I sit here listening to the rain praying for God to take all of the things life throws at me. I can't help but ponder this verse that hits so hard. May my life be about His will and not my own selfish ambition. This is my prayer.

The message says this so wonderfully (same verse, different translation):

" 1 If you’ve gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— 2 then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. 3 Don’t push your way to the front; don’t sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead." Phillipians 2:1-3

No comments: