Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chicken Salad and God's Guidance

That may be the most random title ever, but it has meaning. I promise.
To start, Ryan and I are at a point in our lives that we feel like we need nothing but to pray for God's will. So many new opportunities continue to arise and moments that make you stop and think about what God's purpose really is for us on this earth. We have really just been putting our faith in Christ that He will show us the way in all areas of our life. Through education, money, friendships, and opportunities we pray that we always choose the road paved for us. It is not always clear and evident at times when you feel like you need direction. Sometimes God's timing isn't always ours, but God doesn't work around our busy schedules. He knows what we need when we need it and it is then that He provides. I cannot be thankful enough that I have a God who is bigger than money, bigger than everyday trials and temptations, and bigger than life itself. My hope is that you always seek His will.
On another note....
I have been on a chicken salad kick the last few months because my mom and I LOVE Camille's Chicken Salad. Unfortunately there isn't one in Owasso anymore so any opportunity we have to eat there we take it. There is nothing better than a chicken salad sandwich and a strawberry mango smoothie. Delish. Ok, so anyway I made chicken salad for Fifth grade lunch this week and I was pretty impressed. It was a mixture of two recipes, which turned out pretty well! So I thought I would share:
Ingredients
1/3 c. mayo
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. crushed black pepper
1/4 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. dill
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. sour cream
3 c. diced, cooked chicken breast mean
1 c. grapes (I cut each grape in half)
1 c. diced Swiss cheese
To prepare:
In a medium sized bowl mix mayonnaise, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, parsley, dill, lemon juice, and sour cream. Once the ingredients are mixed add the chicken, Swiss cheese and grapes. Chill until serving.
Side note: This is delicious served on croissants.
Wishes of a blessed evening,
Amber

No comments: