Sunday, September 14, 2008

In My Prayers

I'm writing today to ask you to pray for a friend. A young girl (a friend of my sister) became pregnant at a young age. She went in for a ultra sound a few weeks before the baby was due and the doctor said he saw something he had never seen before. It was a tumor. Not long before her lymph nodes has become swollen on her chest. They believed that it was just fluid from the pregnancy causing this to occur. The mother was induced and the baby was taken early for the safety of the baby. Now as a young single mother she will be leaving her baby of only four days to enter the hospital for treatment of Lymphoma. She will be there approximately ten days as he grandparents take care of her newborn and her parents are at her side. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers. It is hard being a young single mother, but imagine raising a baby and dealing with cancer. WOW. I can only count my blessings when I hear stories like this and remember not to take anything for granted.

No comments: